Project Innovation Contest (PIC) a sister concern activity of ICDCIT started in the year 2012 as a co-activity of ICDCIT. Since inception, it has made significant contributions in development of various technologies for societal applications. The main objective of PIC is to motivate the student community to develop projects with innovative ideas which should address the prevailing problems of society and can make the world a better place to live in. 12th PIC-2023 which will be held in conjunction with 19th ICDCIT during 18th – 22nd January 2023 invites project contributions or ingenious start-up ideas from those students enthusiasts who wants to bring a revolutionary change for betterment through their innovative thinking and technical skills.
PIC platform is open to the students of B.E, B. Tech, MCA, BCA, BSc (CS&IT) and MSc(CS&IT) to showcase their technical skills and innovative thinking in solving real life problems.
The primary themes of Project Innovation Contest are given below but not restricted to:
- Software projects
- Robotics projects
- Microcontroller projects
- Embedded systems projects
- Internet of Things
- Information security projects
- Android apps
- Web based projects
- Cloud Computing projects
- VLSI projects
- Networking Projects
- Big Data Analytics
- High performance computing projects
- Image processing projects
- Power management projects
- resource optimization
- Ecosystem maintenance
- Automated Systems in
- Agriculture/ Healthcare
The submitted projects and start-up ideas will pass through peer review process. The selected project/start-up groups will be invited to showcase their work with demonstrated model during the conference. The best three projects / start-up idea will be awarded with attractive prizes.
Further all the selected projects work will be published in a book form with ISBN number (approval under progress).
Some top-notch projects will be selected to be published as Book Chapter(details to be updated soon)
Last Date for Submission: 31st October 2022
Acceptance Notification: 30th November 2022
- A team must comprise of not more than 4 members (2 or 3 students + 1 advisor/mentor/guide).
- Students can be from any stream of B.E / B.Tech / MCA / BCA / BSc (CS&IT)/MSc (CS&IT).
- Each team must have an advisor/mentor/guide. A start-up group may not have a mentor
- Members of a team must be affiliated with the same educational institute.
- The project/start-up idea has to be recommended by the head of the Institute/Department.
- Soft copy of the project template or start-up idea, must be submitted through Easy chair Link only. (Link will be updated soon)
- Only selected projects and start-up ideas will be called for the presentation and that will be intimated through their provided email id.
- Contestants need to meet all of the following requirements at the time of the final contest presentation:
- Be enrolled as a student at an accredited educational institution.
- Not be involved in any part of the administration of the contest.
- Not already be enrolled in another team with a different project.
- Hostel accommodation will be provided to all participants.
- To-and-fro fare (only Sleeper Class) will be provided to outside participants.
- On request some of the projects may be allowed for online presentation.
Each project/start-up idea will be evaluated by minimum two reviewers. The evaluation will be mainly based on the following key points:
- Societal contribution
- Technology Adopted
- Cost Incurred
- Its Commercial Implications