Project Innovation Contest (PIC) a sister concern activity of ICDCIT started in the year 2012 as a co-activity of ICDCIT. Since inception, it has made significant contributions in development of various technologies for societal applications. The main objective of PIC is to motivate the student community to develop projects with innovative ideas which should address the prevailing problems of society and can make the world a better place to live in. 11th PIC-2022 which will be held in conjunction with 18th ICDCIT during 19th – 23rd January 2022 invites project contributions or ingenious start-up ideas from those students enthusiasts who wants to bring a revolutionary change for betterment through their innovative thinking and technical skills.
One project which can be used for initiating an innovative and technical startup and that have potential to generate new job opportunities or income sources for unemployed / rural area/ weaker section people of our society, will be selected and awarded with ‘Ingenious Idea Award’.
PIC platform is open to the students of B.E, B. Tech, MCA, BCA, B.Sc. (CS&IT) and M.Sc. (CS&IT) to showcase their technical skills and innovative thinking in solving real life problems.
The primary themes of Project Innovation Contest are given below but not restricted to:
The submitted projects and start-up ideas will pass through peer review process. The selected project/start-up groups will be invited to showcase their work with demonstrated model during the conference. The best three projects and the best start-up idea will be awarded with attractive prizes. Further all the selected projects work will be published in a book form with ISBN number (approval under progress).
Some top-notch projects will be selected to be published as Book Chapter(details to be updated soon)
Last Date for Submission: 6th November 2021
Acceptance Notification: 11th December 2021
- A team must comprise of not more than 4 members (2 or 3 students + 1 advisor/mentor/guide).
- Students can be from any stream of B.E / B.Tech / MCA / BCA / BSc (CS&IT)/MSc (CS&IT).
- Each team must have an advisor/mentor/guide. A start-up group may not have a mentor
- Members of a team must be affiliated with the same educational institute.
- The project/start-up idea has to be recommended by the head of the Institute/Department.
- Soft copy of the project template or the start-up idea, must be submitted through https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pic2022
- Only selected projects and start-up ideas will be called for the presentation and that will be intimated through their provided email id.
- Contestants need to meet all of the following requirements at the time of the final contest presentation:
- Be enrolled as a student at an accredited educational institution.
- Not be involved in any part of the administration of the contest.
- Not already be enrolled in another team with a different project.
Hostel accommodation will be provided to all participants.
To-and-fro fare (only Sleeper Class) will be provided to outside participants.
On request some of the projects may be allowed for online presentation.
Each project/start-up idea will be evaluated by minimum two reviewers. The evaluation will be mainly based on the following key points:
- Societal contribution
- Technology Adopted
- Cost Incurred
- Its Commercial Implications