11th INDUSTRY SYMPOSIUM 2021
(in conjunction with 17th ICDCIT 2021)
KALINGA INSTITUTE OF INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY (KIIT),
DEEMED TO BE UNIVERSITY, BHUBANESWAR, ODISHA, INDIA.
THEME: “TRENDS OF DATA SCIENCE AND APPLICATIONS”
Industry Symposium has been a successful satellite event of ICDCIT series. It started in the year 2011 with aim provide a bridge between the industry and academia. The symposium will be held during 7th – 10th January, 2021 in conjunction with 17th edition of ICDCIT. The symposium invites chapters on ‘Trends of Data Science and Applications’. The symposium is tailored to be useful for master, research students as well as industry professionals. The chapters selected by reviewing process, will be included in a book. Like the previous editions, the book will be published by Springer (Scopus Indexed).
Data science is an inter-disciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from many structural and unstructured data. The goal of Data science is to “Turn data into data products”. Data Science has been established as an important emergent scientific field and paradigm driving research evolution in such disciplines as statistics, computing science and intelligence science, and practical transformation in such domains as science, engineering, the public sector, business, social science, and lifestyle. The rising importance of scientific data, both big and small, brings with it a wealth of challenges to combine structured, but often siloed data with messy, incomplete, and unstructured data from text, audio, visual content such as sensor and weblog data. New trends to extract, transport, pool, refine, store, analyze, and visualize data are needed to unleash their power while simultaneously making tools and workflows easier to use by the public at large. The book invites contributions ranging from theoretical and foundational research, platforms, methods, applications, and tools in all areas. The symposium welcome papers which add a social, geographical, and temporal dimension to Data Science research, as well as application-oriented papers that prepare and use data in discovery research.
The book intends to look forward for chapters on trends of data science and applications from both academia as well as practitioners on following key areas:
- Big Data Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning/Deep Learning
- Data Representation and Visualization
- Novel Data Models
- Data Optimization Algorithms
- Scalable computing, analysis, and learning for Data Science
- Graph/Network/Social Mining
- High performance computing for data analytics
- Statistical techniques for Data Science and Applications
- Social impacts of Data Science
- Data science for Internet of things (IoT)
- Business Analytics
- Healthcare Analytics
- Text and Sentiment analysis
- Privacy and protection standards and policies for Data Science
- Case studies
June 15, 2020: Abstract Submission
August 15, 2020: Full Chapter Submission
September 5, 2020: Acceptance Notification
October 5, 2020: Final Chapter Submission
- Initially authors should submit an abstract along with affiliation details (around 500-700 words) through https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=11thindustrysymposiu for initial screening of the chapter.
- Based on the acceptance each manuscript must be written in a tutorial style of chapters with expected manuscript length between 10,000 to 12,500 words. Manuscripts submitted for the book must be original, must not be previously published or currently under review anywhere. Please follow A4 page format, single column with 11 point Times New Roman font with 1.5 line spacing while submitting your manuscript as MS-Office document (template will be shared).