8th Project Innovation Contest – 2019
(in conjunction with 15th ICDCIT – 2019)
10th – 13th January 2019
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
Project Innovation Contest (PIC) a sister concern activity of ICDCIT started in the year 2012 as a co-activity of ICDCIT. Since inception it has made its significant contribution towards the society. The main objective of PIC is to motivate the student community to develop projects with innovative ideas which should support as an add-on to the human lifestyle. 8th PIC-2019 which will be held in conjunction with 15th ICDCIT during 10th – 13th January 2019 invites project contributions from students.
PIC provides a platform to the students of B.E., B.Tech, MCA, BCA, BSc (CS&IT) and MSc(CS&IT) to showcase their technical skills and innovations in solving real life problems with the help of applications of Computer Science and Information Technology.
The primary themes of PIC are given below but not restricted to:
- Software projects
- Embedded systems projects
- Android apps
- VLSI projects
- High performance computing projects
- Robotics projects
- Internet of Things
- Web based projects
- Networking Projects
- Image processing projects
- Microcontroller projects
- Information security projects
- Cloud Computing projects
- Big Data Analytics
- Power management projects
The submitted projects will pass through a peer review process. The selected project group will be invited to showcase their project with demonstrated model during the conference. The best three projects will be awarded with attractive prizes. Further all the selected projects work will be published in a proceeding/book form with ISBN number (approval under progress).
Last Date for Submission: 7th November 2018
Acceptance Notification: 7th December 2018
- A team must comprise of not more than 4 members (2 or 3 students + 1 advisor/mentor/guide).
- Students can be from any stream of B.E / B.Tech / MCA / BCA / BSc (CS&IT)/MSc (CS&IT).
- Each team must have an advisor/mentor/guide.
- Members of a team must be affiliated with the same educational institute.
- The project has to be recommended by the head of the Institute/Department.
- Soft copy of the project template must be submitted through easy chair link only (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=pic2019).
- Documentation part of the project should be prepared as per the template provided below.
- Only selected project will be called for the presentation and that will be intimated through their provided email id.
Contestants need to meet all of the following requirements at the time of the final contest presentations:
- Be enrolled as a student at an accredited educational institution.
- Not be involved in any part of the administration of the contest.
- Not already be enrolled in another team with a different project.
- Hostel accommodation will be provided to all participants of the selected project for the presentation.
- To-and-fro fare (only Sleeper Class) will be provided to outside participants.
Project Evaluation Criteria
Each project will be evaluated by minimum two reviewers. The project will be evaluated mainly on the following key points:
- Societal contribution
- Technology Adopted
- Cost Incurred and
- Its Commercial Implications
For Queries contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Mb: +91-8763999449